cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arusanah
Creator II
Creator II

help with arrow expression

i'm trying to show arrows next to my calc . I have Field1 field  which has 100+ values , based on my date selection I want to compare current month number with previous month and show arrow based on changes between current and previous month. This is the expression I am using but it is not providing the results. Any help is appreciated

if(

(count({$<Field1=,

MonthYear={$(='"'&concat(distinct date(Addmonths

(MonthYear,-Getselectedcount(MonthYear)) ,'MMM-YYYY') ,'","') &'"')} >} [Identifier]) > 0

OR count({$<Field1=,[Date]={">$(varMinSelectedDate)<=$(varSelectedDate)"}>} [ Identifier]) > 0

),

// if ((count({$<MonthYear={$(='"'&concat(distinct date(Addmonths(MonthYear,-Getselectedcount(MonthYear)) ,'MMM-YYYY'),'","')&'"')},Field1=>} [Recipient Identifier]))

//  - (count({$<[Date]={">$(varMinSelectedDate)<=$(varSelectedDate)"},Field1=>} [ Identifier])) = 0,    

if(

(count({$<Field1=,MonthYear={$(='"'&concat(distinct date(Addmonths

(MonthYear,-Getselectedcount(MonthYear)) ,'MMM-YYYY'),'","')&'"')}>} [Identifier]) =

count({$<Field1=, [Date]={">$(varMinSelectedDate)<=$(varSelectedDate)"}>} [ Identifier])

),'resize horizontal icon',       

if(

(count({$<Field1=,MonthYear={$(='"'&concat(distinct date(Addmonths

(MonthYear, -Getselectedcount(MonthYear)) ,'MMM-YYYY'),'","')&'"')}>} [Identifier])>

count({$<Field1=, [Date]={">$(varMinSelectedDate)<=$(varSelectedDate)"}>} [ Identifier])

),'arrow down icon','arrow up icon'

)

)

)

5 Replies
othniel2014
Contributor III
Contributor III

Could you show a capture or attach an application?

I think it is more or less what the problem

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share a sample app to look into if possible ?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Put the calculation in expression 1, and then in expression 2:

=If(Column(1) >= 0, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_n_g.png', 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_s_r.png')

And set Representation on the Properties  | Expressions tab to Image and adjust the sizing options to suit.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
arusanah
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Jonathan,

I am using this in qliksense , how do we call one expression in another in qliksense . had it been Qlikview , we can do it but qliksense not sure how to do that

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hello Archana,

Could you repost this thread in Qliksense forum for a quicker help.

Qlik Sense Forums

Thanks,
V.