Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III

Set Analysis doesn't work in QlikSense as it works in Qlikview

Hi All,

I just wanted to ensure my subject line is valid one.

As one of the Set Analysis which is well Tested working on Qlikview doesn't work on QlikSense

i.e:-

Basically the Set Expression is like this

=Count({$<Asset_Service_Date={">=$(vMonthStartPrev3rdMonth)<=$(vMonthEndLastMonth)"}>}Distinct serial_guid)

Which should work both in QlikView and QlikSesne but QlikSense it doesn't work.

Please explain why it doesn't

Best Regards

Sunil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I think here is your difference between QlikView and Qlik Sense. You forgot to add the equal sign when you created your variables

Capture.PNG

Can you check if now it is working the way you would expect?

Read here about The Little Equals Sign

View solution in original post

13 Replies
sunny_talwar

Have you checked the date format differences between QlikView file and Qlik Sense file? Could that be the reason?

Dates in Set Analysis

maxgro
MVP
MVP

maybe you have different (Qlik vs Sense) format or value for

Asset_Service_Date

vMonthStartPrev3rdMonth

vMonthEndLastMonth

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Everything is correct . But the set Expression doesn't work similar to QlikView. You can test by taking some of the data

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes the date format is the same. Please Test it at your end. You will see the difference

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Capture.JPG

sunny_talwar

Would it be possible to share the sample qvf and also share what is the output you get in QlikView?

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny,

The only problem that i want to point out here is the double quotes (" ")inside the Set Analysis expression doesn't recognized in QlikSense as it does in Qlikview.

If you carefully observe my expression there is a set expression written inside the double quote so as to put two different filters at a time.

i.e-
=Count({$<Asset_Service_Date={">=$(vMonthStartPrev3rdMonth)<=$(vMonthEndLastMonth)"}>}Distinct serial_guid)

One filter with >= and another filter with <= based one which all the Asset_Service_Date comes in to picture , for those Asset_Service_Date whichever Serial_Guids are present , it will take a count of that.

The same expression works in Qlikview with the same data model and same data but doesn't work in QlikSense , as i doubt the double quotes ("") inside a Set Expression are not recognized.

Please help me, solving the issue. If it is a known issue then Qlik has to do something about it.

Best Regards

Sunil

sunny_talwar

I don't think it has to do with double quotes. I have used double quotes on several different occasions in Qlik Sense without any problem. Would you be able to share a sample to look at? Right now all we can do it play a guessing game, whereas if you can provide a sample, we might be able to give a definite answer.

Best,

Sunny

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny,

I am not sure if you might have already trying to Test it or not. I have added Two attachements one with Qlikview and another one with QlikSense , where i have given the example of that expression, which works in Qlikview but not in QlikSense.

I also added a Datafile, in case you want to load.

Thanks a lot for paying attention to this. I really hope this will resolve by Qlik.

Best Regards

Sunil