Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III

How can I connect to the Sense Repository PostgreSQL Database?

Hi,

I want to connect to the Sense Resository PostgreSQL Database by PGAdmin in the server Qlik sense.

Has anyone in the community already done this?

12 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I am curious why you are trying to accomplish this. Doing this is something that is marginally supported so I do need some clarity on what the purpose of this.

If you want to see the data then you can use a PostgreSQL ODBC driver and connect to it as a data source.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

super easy to do - but as ltu suggested the chance of messing something up is huge and the benefit is minimal as you can do most of the updates/changes either manually via the QMC or programatically with the API

syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Martin

I’m agree with you. i don't amuse modify data in the repository data base.

In fact now I’am creating tags, stream, security rule etc in QMC on development environment etc. And I should recreate all of them on production. So I ask if  there is a easyer way to do it. For example can I export list of tag from repository A and then import them into repository B.

syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi levi,

I want to view all data base, par exemple  FK, trigger etc.

I want to find a esayer way to copy all configuration from a site to another site.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can create a database snapshot...

syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Did you have done that?

Did you talk about repository snapshot manager of qlik sense?

Can you explain more detail please?

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

There is no easy method to swap settings between environments. To your question, you'd need to things here:

1. Read the settings from one environment
  2. Write the settings to a different environment

(1) can be accomplished using a PostgreSQL ODBC driver connection to the PostgreSQL database.

(2) is in no way supported so I cannot recommend a method of accomplishing this. As Martin gestured to, there are ways to accomplish this using the QRS API (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/3.0/Subsystems/RepositoryServiceAPI/Content/RepositorySe...) . I am by no means fluent in how to do it, but the endpoints seem there.

That being said, it does not pertain to tags / tasks / custom properties, but it does pertain to security rules, there is a Chrome extension (which doesn't look to work on 3.0.x at the moment) which can be used to accomplish this: Qlik Branch definitely check that out / follow up with the Dev there about getting this ported to work with 3.0.x if you're running that version.

herbert88
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi syukyo_zhu

I am using pgAdminIII

C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.3\bin\pgAdmin3.exe

localhost:4432

username: postgres

password: (used in installation)

3-4-2015 11-01-31 AM.png

You can see all the tables in the Schema option

pastedImage_5.png

Hope this helps you

rbecher
MVP
MVP

This make not much sense since in next version v3.1 PostgreSQL database will be replaced by something else. I rather would start setting up a cluster to replicate things.

Astrato.io Head of R&D