cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ken_geren
Contributor III
Contributor III

publish task has intermittent failures

I have a scheduled task in QlikView Management Console to reload data and publish. The publish task has intermittent failures,
"QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributeToResourcesFailedException: Distribute to resource failed. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Failed to AddNamedUsers ||"

sometimes it completes successfully, other times it gets this distribution error. It was running fine for several months and now it's randomly failing. I just manually rerun the task in the QlikView Management Console and it then runs fine. How do I trace down this distribution failure?

13 Replies
jeremy_kofoot
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can you include the Document log for the app?

ken_geren
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

that was the document log.

doclog.png

jeremy_kofoot
Contributor III
Contributor III

So you say this is an intermintent failure, so the next time the reload fails, check the document log and see what it tells you.  The document log won't have in there the published details, that would be in the task log.  What the document log will give you though is some more information on when the task fails.

jeremy_kofoot
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yeah but those are all today's date.  Did it fail today and was that the log you posted, or was that just the log from when the task ran.