cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to manually group columns in Qlik Sense pivot table

Hi,

Is there any way to group two columns into a one group and another two columns into another group in Qlik Sense Pivot table?

For better understanding of my requirement, please read below description:

1) I am creating a Pivot table that has [Regions] dimension in Rows and four measures namely sum[Sales], sum([Sales Quantity]), sum([Buy Price]), sum([Buy Quantiity]) in Columns. Now the default output that I am getting is as shown in the below image.

Actual Output.JPG

2) Now, my requirement is to display sum([Sales]), sum([Sales Quantity]) as "Sales Group" and sum([Buy Price]), sum([Buy Quantity]) as "Buy Group" as shown in the below image.

Expected Output.PNG

Could someone please help me how to achieve this? I have also attached a sample database file for your convenience.

Thanks in advance,

Ravi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Like this?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thank you so much, this is what I exactly need but has additional requirement as well which I forgot to describe in my actual post.

1) My Pivot table has [State] column also in addition to [Region] column in Pivot table's Rows section (In future, it might also have further levels also, like City, Street etc). Below screenshot is what I am getting if I don't check "Fully expanded" property.

Semi Expanded View.PNG

2) Here the requirement is, Sales Group and Buy Group must always be expanded (User shouldn't have option to expand or compress or in other words it shouldn't show +/-) but Region and State must have an option to expand or compress to go a level up or down.

I am attaching database file along with qlik sense application, please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks,

Ravi ! !

sunny_talwar

Unfortunately you can do a fully expanded for your complete table. I don't think it would be possible for just the pivoted dimensions.

With regards to the first point above, what is the concern once again? Not sure what you want to do there?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for the quick response.

There is no issue with regards to my first point. To describe my requirement, I just started with what I have done in first point and continued with my actual requirement in second point.

Thanks,
Ravi

asmitagg
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Sunny ,

I am using the below logic for one of my requirement but ,I don't  have static/fixed columns to show under each group.

In this case under 'Actuals' group quarters may change, I have 2 quarters right now what if the new quarter will get add.

What will be the condition for this.

Please help

Thanks & Regards,

Asmita

Prabhu1204
Creator
Creator

How you achieved this ? I am not able to open the qvf file

-Prabhu
Prabhu1204
Creator
Creator