Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving Applications / Dashboards from Dev to QA/Prod (Qlik Sense)

Hello,

We developed a Qlik Sense App using hub and we got only hub access to build Apps.

Now we wanted to move our applications from Dev to QA/Prod. I would like to know what are the steps required to move Qlik Sense Apps (developed using hub) from Dev to QA/Prod and what type of access do I need to do these operations.

Thanks in advance,

Ravi

15 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're Dev and QA/Prod are completely separate sites then you'll have to export and import the apps. If they're part of the same multi-node site then you can use the normal synchronization mechanism. See the online help for more information: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.1/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rittermd
Master
Master

We have 2 separate servers actually hosted by different companies and on different VPNs that we can't have both running at the same time.

As Gysbert said I have to export the app from my Dev Server.  Then import that qvf into the QMC of the Production server after I copy it to a location that is accessible by that server.  Once there I can publish it to the correct Stream.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I also need similar kind of info. Just wanted to check.

What about the connections created on Dev Server? will they exported along with Apps?

or we need to create separately on QA machine and then update the details? if yes, please let us know the steps involved.

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

can anyone answer this please? i also want to know this.

rittermd
Master
Master

We have 2 separate servers for DEV and PROD.

I remote desktop into the Prod Server(one receiving app).

Open the QMC for PROD.

Open a new tab and open the QMC for DEV.

Go to Apps(on DEV) and export the App you want to move.  It will most likely get downloaded to your Downloads folder on the server.

Then switch to the QMC for Prod.

Go to Apps.

Click on Import button at bottom.  Navigate to the folder where the qvf was downloaded.

If the app already exists it will prompt you.  I just add New to the end of the name to make it unique.

Now I have the new app in my Work area in Prod.

I can now publish it to the stream of choice.

There are a few steps.  But this works pretty well.

image242
Creator
Creator

I use this to copy from dev to prod and it works great:

Qlik Sense QMC Utilities

Jason

ansarikashif2017

Hi gwassenaar‌ and rittermd‌ ,

The Import/Export thing changes the App ID when app is moved from one server to the other. If we are using Mashup and using qlik.openApp(appId, config) method, how do we maintain the appid if it changes when app is moved from DEV to TEST to PROD?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You'll need to manually sort the Data Connections on the target site.

Digvijay_Singh

We have App templates which we change for maintenance and enhancement in dev/qa environment(single environment). Once changes are finalized, we publish templates to actual apps( Manual import/export of templates needed for production publish). Since we are moving templates only, the app id of actual customer apps don't change.