Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Promoting a Sheet from Community to Approved

Hi,

As far as I can see, there is presently no mechanism to move a sheet that a user has created and promoted to the Community section of the app up into the Approved sheets.  It seems to me that this should be a basic function of Sense, or there is no way of properly persisting these user created sheets, even when having to move the app back into your work area to change the script and re-publish.

Stephen Redmond posted an article on how to do this by connecting to the back end database this time last year:

Qlik Tips: Promote a Qlik Sense sheet from Community to Approved

Is there now a way of doing this through the front end of the app or is it likely to arrive soon?

Steve

17 Replies
Not applicable

We got this to work in 2.1. I used a load script with an update statement to mark the sheet approved. We found that exporting to QVF and then importing the QVF made sure everything was set correctly. Without performing the export and then import there would be problems with the app. When I make the update in the repository I also will load data from the repository in an app to make sure the Approved column is truly updated. This is working fine as well. Recently I upgraded to 2.2. Today I tried to update the Approved column and it worked but the app object is still marked as Not Approved in the QMC. I checked the data I loaded into the table chart. It shows Approved as updated. When you export from the QMC the app doesn't contain the sheets that were marked as approved. Something in 2.2 changed how objects are marked as Approved. Just updating the Approved field is working. Anyone else run into this? Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this issue? Thanks.

Not applicable

This is something we'd really like to see as well and unfortunately it doesn't look like it made the cut in 3.0.  I understand this can be done with a query but an update query against production really isn't a solution.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I strongly advise to refrain from making updates on the repository especially on multi-node server environments as they could be brought out of sync resulting in a loss of connection.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

any news in the latest release 3.0.1 ?

Not applicable

I've noticed(am I'm not sure if this is a bug) that granting a user access to the resource filter App* seems to allow that user to edit base sheets of published apps but it seems dangerous as there is no "Save" functionality... changes are live.  I still think community > base sheet promotions need to be implemented.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Agreed, doing live changes though works quite alright I must say from experience.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Our customer urgently needs to promote community sheet to base sheet.

Which is the quick way to achieve it ?

jaisoni_trp
Creator II
Creator II

Have a look at Qlik Sense QMC Utilitiesif helps

Sheet Approver

The Sheet Approver enables users to approve published sheets in an app, thus, making them base sheets of the Qlik Sense application. In addition, it's possible to un-approve sheets as well and push them back to the community.