Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vindhya_giri
Creator II
Creator II

Help with location of the QDS logs

Hi,

I am trying to look for the logs of QlikView Distribution Service. QDS has gone two days in a row. Trying to troubleshoot the reason. Please advise me on this and also what could be the possible reasons for a QDS to go down apart from a network issue?

Thanks

Regards

Vindhya

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Check out the log files that are called Root_... in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log

They may contain all clues you need to figure out what is going wrong with QDS.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

QDS problem means, Did you get any issue? OR Some files not visible from your Publisher?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vindhya_giri
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Anil,

QlikView Distribution Service went down yesterday and day before which is causing failure of our daily cycle. Want to see the logs to know what was the reason for this to happen so that we can prevent it from happening again.

Thanks

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Check out the log files that are called Root_... in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log

They may contain all clues you need to figure out what is going wrong with QDS.

Best,

Peter

vindhya_giri
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks peter. This is the log file I was trying to look for.

As you mentioned, it does give lot of information. It mentions that the QDS is up and running but does not mention what time the QDS went down and what time it was restarted and why did this happen.

Thanks

Regards

Vindhya

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That usually means that the QDS simply crashed and didn't have time to document the shutdown. In that case, the Windows Event logs may be your only source of information.

Peter