Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to use Natural Language Generation and Qlik Sense ?

Hi All

Hello Data, what are you trying to tell me?

I like to learn how to use NLP in QS from above post.

I already download the extension.

I also create a chart which is sales by yearmonth by sales amount.

When i bring in the NLP , i get rroe msg , " Invalid visulization.

where i go wrong ?

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Paul - I thought I replied to this yesterday - you can get the Narrative Science extension here: Narratives for Qlik® | Free Narrative Extension for Qlik Sense® | Narrative Science

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

13 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

my qvf

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Paul,

It worked for me:

and got this:

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

I tested your app too - it works as designed

The error displayed when I opened the app showed this:

You cannot use NS NLG on a extension object - only on the supported out of the box chart components.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Micheal

Thank you very much for your detail reply.

I have use number of extension before. But for this extension , i go to below link , i am not able to find where to download the extension.

Installation Instructions - Qlik Sense Desktop – Narratives For Qlik

Kindly give me the link where i can download the extension.

Paul

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

‌HI michael

i don't understand below what you mean ?

only on the supported out of the box chart components.

can you pls share ?

Paul

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul - charts that come with Qlik Sense - vs Charts / or Extensions you install as custom objects. Your screenshot displayed a date_picker object - which we do not include with Qlik Sense "out-of-the-box" - that was an extension you had installed most likely or was used in the app you are using:

Hope this is clear

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Paul - I thought I replied to this yesterday - you can get the Narrative Science extension here: Narratives for Qlik® | Free Narrative Extension for Qlik Sense® | Narrative Science

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Michael

I am sorry , i just notice that you already give me the link in your previous reply.

I just manage to download the extension , and now is working fine.

Appreciate your help very much.

Paul

Not applicable

Paul i am unable to find the narrative extension to your mentioned link .please if u can upload narrative extensions here or tell me the exact location from where you have downloaded the extensions.