Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview server license expiry notification

Hi ,

Is there any setting or configuration in the Qlikview Management console to notify user on the license expiry date before due date.

Say my Qlikview Server license is going to expire by 10th September 2016 so the we should get some notification before 15 days that the qlikview server license will expire in n days.

Please suggest

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Recently I got one thing. Might be qliktech team will contact to your license partner before 15 days. Then they will renual that. After the update license should upgrade to next license valid duration.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Not applicable
Author

Basically i am looking for notification as most of the product do through email notification

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes, contact means thru mail only. Support team will send mail before expire the license to Qlikview partner

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

According to my experience there is no expiry of the license.

I've servers installed many years ago and their expiry-dates as stated in the LEF-file have been passed several years ago. The license will continue to work.

Yesterday I installed a server 11.2 SR15 with a LEF that stated expiry date to 2013-07-01...

/Andreas

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

The license is only valid for product version released by the expiry date. License valid until for example 2013-07-01 will not be possible to apply in QlikView 12, which was released after July 2013. It is however valid for QlikView 11.20, since 11.20 initial release was prior to July 2013.

An expired license is not entitled to Qlik Support services. It is highly recommended to always have a valid license deployed, so that Qlik Support can assist with any issues that occur.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I guess we're talking about the Maintenance End Data, not the license expiry date?

If I'm not mistaken, you'll get a Qlik invoice by the end of the current maintenance period. Would that be ok as a reminder?