Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik sense automatic data loading

Post translated by Community Team member (using google translate).

Please post in English unless you are posting in a language specific forum. Note that this community does have an area specific for French.

---

Hello,

I wish that my data will automatically update when opening my application Qlik sense. how to do ?

thank you

5 Replies
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

you need qlik sense server and schedule the task for the app. then you can view the updated data

for more

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/create-reload-tasks.htm

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

One mode already suggested by arul settu

Secondly, you can try Batch File as well, but not sure we can trigger a batch file on the opening of App. Extension may be helpful. check for Extension to schedule batch file through trigger

millan123
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

You can use Direct Discovery to do this.  Note the intent of Direct Discovery is to select a few tables (e.g. the fact tables) for querying the data on each selection and having other tables (e.g. the dimensions) in-memory.

You may also want to consider frequent incremental reloads using QVDs.  Depending on your specific scenario, this may result in better performance for the users and less load on the database while still providing timely information

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

How do you imagine a batch file would be used to trigger reloads in Qlik Sense? It seems a bit far fetched to me.

I think the simple answer is that it is unreasonable to reload data when a user opens an app. This can lead to multiple simultaneous reloads, which can then lead to massive performance degrade. End-user triggered reloads should be avoided to allow for a properly functioning system.

Apps should be scheduled for reload on basis of how the app data changes. With QVD layers the reload times can be optimized, to allow more frequent schedule.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Direct Discovery is intended for big data, meaning data that does not fit in-memory. In addition, the complexity of getting Direct Discovery to work efficiently makes it quite unlikely a option in this case. Notice also that the dimensions in Direct Discovery are loaded during reload, so technically it is not a refresh of data.