Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevegimbrollmt
Creator II
Creator II

"Open in Server" option in QlikView Desktop - Does it use the Server inMemory or the Desktop memory?

I have a quiestion,

when you open a qvw from the server in the qlikview 10 desktop, will the in-memory process be handled on the server (like when you use the ajax client) or you will actually use the desktop memory usage.

I would presume that as CPU usage, the desktop CPU will be used when dealing with the actual graphs etc.

Looking forward for some feedback 🙂

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Sure!

It will use server resources. The client will only receive data for visualization.

Then, you can use very large application that would not even open directly on the client.

Rgds,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Sure!

It will use server resources. The client will only receive data for visualization.

Then, you can use very large application that would not even open directly on the client.

Rgds,

kji
Employee
Employee

Open in server will work mostly as the ajax client, utilizing the server memory/cpu, with the exception of chart drawing (not calculations) that will be performed locally.

stevegimbrollmt
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I thank you for your reply guys,

So as you said, it will open on the Qlikview Desktop like a Web Client rather than the normal QVW file on the desktop and only if I create a new chart, it will utilize client CPU

That explains it all I think.

Thanks again.

Steve