Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Join model data with local excel data

Hi Folks

Is it possible to join model data with local data uploaded by user ? 

What I want to achieve is to build an app which will have a functionality to load local excel data ( format would be fixed) by user.  Then the app will read one particular field of the excel and pass the values to model as filter .  Then the model would return data based on that selection . In essence I want to do a left outer join of uploaded data with another data source in system .

Is this something possible very easily in QlikView or Sense ?

Best Regards

Anindya

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

In QlikView you might be able to do a partial reload to get something like this accomplished

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your quick reply Sunny .   I see in QlikSense we have a functionality to drag and drop excel file .  But not sure if we can access that excel file in a script to achieve my goal .

sunny_talwar

You mentioned QlikView or Qlik Sense? I don't know about Qlik Sense, but if you can provide a sample for QlikView, I might be able to help you out.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Preference would be QlikSense , but I am fine with QlikView too.  I want to provide an app to users which will allow them to browse and select an excel file to load and then say "Execute" my model.  "Execute" button would read the excel file , let's say a column "Material Number" and pass those material numbers to another query.  Now , in third step I want to do a left outer join of the uploaded excel file and query result and present the data to users.

I am quite new to Qlik so not able to gauge the complexity of this requirement. 

Thanks for your help .

Best Regards

Anindya

sunny_talwar

I have worked on some samples before, see if those help:

Dynamic Partial Reload for data model ?

Multiple Partial Reloads

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny

I was able to load Excel data and access them within script .   Now, my intention is to take distinct values from one field in excel data and pass them to another query ( from another source via ODBC)  as filter .  But, it seems I am stuck here.    I can bring all the data from my second source and do a left outer join, but second source would be huge . So, that would not be an efficient approach

Best Regards

Anindya