Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philip_radovich
Contributor III
Contributor III

Not display chart until selection made

Hi,

I was wondering if in Qlik Sense it is possible for a chart to not display any data until a selection is made from a filter pane? I have a line graph comparing performance items over time but it is very confusing until a selection is made. Below is a screenshot of when nothing is selected and of when a Performance item is selected from the filter pane. If not possible would anyone know a technique that could help me improve the visual?Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 1.17.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-30 at 1.18.45 PM.png

Thanks,

Philip Radovich

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use a calculation condition to hide the chart till something is selected.  Under Addons you have the option to add an expression I usually use getselectedcount(Field) >0, when you add an expression you will be given the option to add a message to be displayed

Capture9.PNG  Capture10.PNG

and your chart will appear like the below till a selection is made.

Capture 8.PNG

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use a calculation condition to hide the chart till something is selected.  Under Addons you have the option to add an expression I usually use getselectedcount(Field) >0, when you add an expression you will be given the option to add a message to be displayed

Capture9.PNG  Capture10.PNG

and your chart will appear like the below till a selection is made.

Capture 8.PNG

philip_radovich
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you so much! Worked like a charm!

thabo2g5
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you very much