Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Qlikview Publisher The communication with QlikView Server failed (TimedOut)!

I have several qvws being reloaded and distributed and one particular qvw fails to distribute somedays. Yesterday the distribution went well, today it failed with the error mentioned. The network was monitored and there were no fails.

The error occurred is:

Error      QVClient.ExecuteWithAttachments failed. Exception=System.Exception: The communication with QlikView Server failed (TimedOut)! ||    at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.GetMessageDataFromSocket(Byte[] buffer) ||    at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.GetMessageSizeFromSocket() ||    at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.SendAndReceive(Byte[] request) ||    at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.Execute(Byte[] request) ||    at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.ExecuteWithAttachments(String request, Byte[][] attachments) ||    at QVSWrapper.QlikViewServer.ExecuteWithAttachments(Action`2 i_Logger, String i_Command, Byte[][] i_Attachments)

Thanks in advance.

14 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Andre,

I branched this to a new discussion thread for you - so you have your own question.

Can you provide more detail about the problem? Do you have a Qlik Support contract? Do you know who is responsible for supporting your Qlik installation? Can you reply in this thread with the specific error that was mentioned in the other thread, it did not carry over.

Qlik Community - please assist Andre if you are able as well.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks for your answer Michael,

I've opened a case with Qlik to solve this issue.

If useful I'll post the solution in this thread.

andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

The size of the app maybe causing this? The app where the distribution fails some times is twice the size of the largest app being distributed.

Not applicable

I am currently having the same problem.  Did you find a solution?

andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Florence,

I've updated to the latest Qlikview release. It was a known issue with the previous version used.

Not applicable

What version were you in before?  I'm currently on QV 11.20 SR 12 and having this issue.  Can you point on the documentation where it said its a known issue please.  Is there a patch or timeout?  I'm thinking there has to be a timeout setting for this that can be changed but I cant find it.

Thanks in advance.

andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I don't know the previous version. Now I'm using 12.0.20400.0.

The distribution fails always or just some times?

What size is the qvw you're trying to distribute?

Are you distributing the same machine or other machine?

I can't help you with the timeout setting...

Not applicable

Hi Andre,

I have about 6-7 tasks all running at the same time and they almost always end at the same time.  Each produced like 4GB files which they are distributing to another server. What I have noticed is that in the task log, it seems that if there's no activity for 1 minute, it times out.  Task fails and I get the Communication Failed Connection timedout.  It's always one minute so I'm thinking there must be a setting there that I can increase but I dont know which one.

Florence

andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Can you update the QV version and see if it still fails?

Have you checked if the communication between servers is ok?

Does the distribution even start?