Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
millan123
Creator II
Creator II

How legend is missing in Stacked bar when using expression for Colors??

Hello All,

I have a problem when I was using expression for Color then the Legend is missing in stacked bar, anyone help me on this?? either using extensions anything???

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. There will no legend if the color is created by expression.

My walk around is to create extra text and set some color.

millan123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Haikuo,

Can you please give me an example for that...otherwise there is any way to create that with the help of Extensions??

millan123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I'd like to ask what is the purpose of custom colors in stacked bar charts if you are not able to display a legend of what each of those colors represent? How have you worked around this usability issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Clark, previously I created a US state map with Qlik sense. I use expression to create map color, however, there is no map color legend any more. My walk around is: I create a table, one column is my map dimension, another column is empty measure column and I use expression to create background color in this column as the map color legend.

So, maybe you could also create a table, use your bar chart dimension as one column, and create background color in another column as your bar chart color legend.

Hopefully it helps.