Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we link user level QV to N-printing?

Hi All,

I am exploring all the possibilities I can play around with N-printing , and would love to hear anyways to approach this problem.

Whenever the user makes a selection on Qlikview (Web version), Is it possible to store the selection of it as an excel(.xls) file  at designated folder path assigned at the N printing?? Is there any way I can link both of them?

I have flexibility on storing the file either by using macros or assign it to the user recipients.

Can you please share your views on how I can implement this? It would be really very helpful.

Thanks,

SP

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

What's the objective?

If it is to allow users to render reports on demand with current selections applied, then that is already available in NP16 and will be released for NPrinting 17 in September.

If there is some other objective, let me know and perhaps I can help.

Best

Aran

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Work Flow is like this :

User makes a selection/filter data on the Planisware, Alteryx, which automatically updates the Qvw file.
(But the user has a flexibility to change the selection on the data anytime throughout the day) so, I need to assign a button or any macro which allows the user to find the new excel file as soon as there is an update on QVW data.

So, I can conclude it this way: whenever the .Qvw reloads, the users needs to get a new time stamped Excel sheet in the assigned folder.

How can I work with this on the current version?

Thanks,

SP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have done R&D on this Situation. I found that On-demand Extension helps:

NPrinting On-Demand Report Genertaion

Distributing Reports to FTP Destinations

But would like to know more about the installation of the On-Demand Extension and the work flow, I am not quite sure if this would give me the complete solution of my situation. Please Assist!

Thanks,

SP

Not applicable
Author

those documents are about NPrinting 16.x

For NPrinting 17.x we are going to release APIs in September

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Aran,

We have a licence for Nprinting16 and are comfortable to move with it only, Are there any other API's which allow us to implement this requirement using Nprinting 16 only.

Thanks,

SP

Not applicable
Author

you'll need to use the XML triggering mechanism with some external app to kick that off.

See:

How to Distribute Reports after Successful .qvw Reload on a QlikView Server with Publisher

and

How to Execute NPrinting Reports by External XML Request

Best

Aran