Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding an empty row in a pivot chart

Hi,

to format a pivot chart with one dimension (Amount Type) on rows and two dimensions (Year and Month) on columns I need to insert an empty row to act as a separator with fe gray background colour. For this empty row I have set a particular value for the Amount Type dimension.

Any suggests in order to add a conditioned formatted empty row, please?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In the Dimensions tab of the chart properties, Click the "+" next to your dimension name. Then select "Backgound Color" and press the edit button.

Correction to my earlier example. There is no "grey()" function. Use a valid function name 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Not sure your exact requirements, but how about creating an expression formula:

=''

or

=null()

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've partially solved by load a dummy row with fictitious values for my dimensions, but now I'd like fe to format the background of this dummy row added, without affecting the background of other rows.

Thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You should be able to do something with the Background color property in the Dimension. Click the plus next to the Amount Type dimension.

=if([Amount Type]='mydummy', grey())

Not applicable
Author

In the pivot chart I cannot see any background colour properties for a dimension.

Thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In the Dimensions tab of the chart properties, Click the "+" next to your dimension name. Then select "Backgound Color" and press the edit button.

Correction to my earlier example. There is no "grey()" function. Use a valid function name 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Ok, thanks, I've solved.