Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense client onclick event

Hi All,

I have looked on the discussion boards and couldn't find what I was looking for. I have built a .NET MVC web app which contains a iframe, which is used to display a qlik sheet. When the iframe populated with the Qlik Sheet, is there anyway to capture the onclick event. Qlik itself doesn't seem to have it by default.

The reason I ask is because I want to update other html parts based on the selections, as well as log selections for debugging purposes.

Regards,

Alex Watts

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

in case anyone was interested my found my answer. Its really not clear in the documentation, well it wasn't to me. But I used the qlik app api and the getList function using the SelectionObject as my parameter. HOWEVER the return list of selections is limited to 6, when you go over you "n of x selected" message. How, do you get all of them, feel free to tell me.

app.getList( 'SelectionObject', function ( reply ) {
     var str = "";
     $.each(reply.qSelectionObject.qSelections, function(key, value) {
          // ONLY LIMITED TO 6
          str +=  value.qField + ': ' + value.qSelected + '\n';
     });

if(str.length > 0){
          alert(str);
     }
} );

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

in case anyone was interested my found my answer. Its really not clear in the documentation, well it wasn't to me. But I used the qlik app api and the getList function using the SelectionObject as my parameter. HOWEVER the return list of selections is limited to 6, when you go over you "n of x selected" message. How, do you get all of them, feel free to tell me.

app.getList( 'SelectionObject', function ( reply ) {
     var str = "";
     $.each(reply.qSelectionObject.qSelections, function(key, value) {
          // ONLY LIMITED TO 6
          str +=  value.qField + ': ' + value.qSelected + '\n';
     });

if(str.length > 0){
          alert(str);
     }
} );
Digvijay_Singh

You need to modify the setting.ini file usually located in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine

Under [Settings 7] section add below line:

MaxCurSelEntries=15