cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Publishing a file under the same name

Think this is obvious but don't want to take any chances.  If I republish a file under the same name as an original file can I assume that anything create by a user will still be "attached" to that newly published file...like if they created a new sheet with charts?

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

7 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Steve,

Suppose there is an application named APP1 which is published in a stream ABC, Now , if you make a duplicate copy lets say APP1(1), it will come under your MY WORK and lets assume you added one more new sheet then you rename it to APP1 and try to  publish the this new app to same stream , It will ask you to replace any existing application , if you not choose this option there will be two applications with name APP1 and APP1 and if you choose replace there will be only one application with name APP1(with latest created sheet).

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

millan123
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Please publish the app with same owner name(previous app owner name new app owner name both are same)  then only all the sheets will be published

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the reply.

My question is (in your scenario) if a user created a sheet with APP1 I assume it will still be there when I replace the old APP1 with the updated APP1?

Steve

Not applicable

But obviously

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Maybe to you -  but not to me.

Thanks.

Steve

Not applicable

Hi Steve,

As Qlik Sense Server is newly introduced , so most of the people are in learning phase and with new version new features get added every time. So ,best practice to learn all its concept is by using it. Any help you need ,You may drop a message here , I will reply you instantly.

Best,

Rohit Kumar

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks! Appreciate it.

Steve