Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

windows desktop search 4.0 and OLE DB?

Has anyone connected QV to Windows Desktop Search 4.0 ???

Windows Desktop Search has many names and version.. but i am thinking about windows 7, Vista or 2008 Search engine.

It supposed to use OLE DB and some ADO.NET, but i am not able to find any connectors...

please, any any tips will be nice...

My primary goal is to collect all files on my disk and work with it inside QV...

So if any other ideas? please tell me... (i have tried some file indexing tools, but i haven't find "the one" yet)

Greetings Eddie

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

still no one??

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can list files using the native QV script functions dirlist() and filelist(). See the attached example.

Not applicable
Author

I will check it out... but I wounder how to connect my QV to Windows Search 4.0 OR Google Desktop database's... I know that there are alot of other wounder about the same....

Windows Search uses standard Windows EDB / Access DB strukture, and have a OLE DB .ADO.Net connection, But I dont know hot to connect them.......

Any ideas will be nice...

My primary goal is to collect information from a DB about all files on 1 or more servers.

So Google desktop gives us snippets info.. witch is 2 lines from the dokument,,, and this will give us alot of info to search into..

Greetings Eddie