Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Sense executable "QlikSense.exe" doesn't start from cmd with an absolute path

Good Morning,

trying to start Qlik Sense by double-click on "QlikSense.exe" from windows explorer it opens correctly and you can find five processes active under task manager (having name starting with "Qlik").

If you try to start it via cmd line with an absolute path (like "C:\Users\<my_user>\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\QlikSense.exe") only "Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher" is started and found in task manager's processes list.

No problem at all changing from absolute to relative path ("cd C:\Users\<my_user>\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\" and then "QlikSense.exe")

Is this an expected behavior ?

If affermative, you should change code examples provided, like in this page: Custom desktop - a Windows form dashboard ‒ Qlik Sense

Regards,

Paolo.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It sounds like your current directory must be the exe directory for startup to work correctly. This is what you get by usiing the shortcut or CD to the directory before starting.

-Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It sounds like your current directory must be the exe directory for startup to work correctly. This is what you get by usiing the shortcut or CD to the directory before starting.

-Rob

paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes exactly what I've done, but in this case all examples provided by click should be corrected.

Example:

private static Process LaunchQlikSense()

{

Process process = null;

ProcessStartInfo psi = new ProcessStartInfo();

try

{

// Launch QlikSense without opening the client GUI.

psi.WorkingDirectory = @"C:\Users\<my_user>\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense";

psi.FileName = "QlikSense.exe";

psi.Arguments = "-q -N";

process = Process.Start(psi);

}

catch (Exception e)

{

MessageBox.Show(e.Message, "Engine Launch Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error);

Environment.Exit(1);

}

return process;

}