cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waterfall Chart

Hello All,

I am exploring QlikSense and in the process I downloaded a waterfall chart extension which I am using for different reports. One place where I am facing issue with this particular chart is when I am getting the top 5 sales reps with dimension as sales rep and expression as net sales. The values are being plotted properly but the chart is moving up, when I use the same chart with Month as the dimension, it is displaying the values properly. I have attached screenshots for your reference. Kindly suggest where the problem might be.

Thanks in Advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

The reason I found out for my issue may sound crazy but this is what has happened. As the length of the values of the dimension goes up, the chart starts moving upwards. The problem is we don't have X-axis text alignment like we do in QlikView. It would be great if it is included.

Thanks all for your effort and help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jayaseelan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Uday,

Please upload your expression.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Dimension : SalesRep

Expression : $(vNV)

$(vNV)=sum({<[Calendar.ZQDYear]={'$(vYearPrevious)'}>}VBRK.$(vCurrency)KZWI2)

jayaseelan
Creator III
Creator III

The water extension is working fine. Please update your qvf file. let us check.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The file is with live data with huge volume of data and I was not able to replicate the issue with the sample data, so I am providing the actual dimension and expression.

Dimension: =subfield(SalesRep,'-',2)

Expression : =sum({<[Calendar.ZQDYear]={'$(vYearPrevious)'}>}NetSales)

[Calendar.ZQDYear]= 2015,2015,2016

vYearPrevious=Year(Today())-1;

Salesrep.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

The reason I found out for my issue may sound crazy but this is what has happened. As the length of the values of the dimension goes up, the chart starts moving upwards. The problem is we don't have X-axis text alignment like we do in QlikView. It would be great if it is included.

Thanks all for your effort and help.

awp2020
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

Please open XL file to see my request. 

I need to do different yield effect calculations and display them with a waterfall chart.

For this I made an example in Excel. But I would like to perform these calculations under Qlik sense. 

The periods are not necessarily concurrent for the calculations

I have this input table :

awp2020_0-1649255793403.png

And I do the calculations below :

awp2020_1-1649255882395.png

Below are the formulas:

awp2020_2-1649255918401.png

In the end I have this data:

awp2020_0-1649256247424.png

the values are the sum of the above calculations.

And this graph :

awp2020_0-1649253197377.png

Anyone to help me ?

Thank for your help