Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Server, IIS in one node and QV Publisher, Mgmt Console in another Node

Hi All,

I have installed

QV Server and IIS in Node - 1

QV Publisher and Management Console in Node - 2

Now, When I Login to Management Console in Node - 2, I am able to see that the following components are installed before applying license

1. QV Server

2. Directory Service Connector

3. Qlikview Web Servers

Note: I understand that the qlikview distribution service will be reflected in console once I apply the license.

However, I would like to know how to make the node 1 - QVS to communicate with QMC?

How can I deploy the default access point pages to IIS server?

Can anyone help?

Thank you,

Arun

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think you are reasoning in the wrong direction. As soon as you correctly configure the names and locations of all services in QMC, they will start talking to each other. IIS will get all necessary AP display files when you did the first install (do not forget to pick the correct web server from the installation selection list and add the QlikView Settings Service during installation to allow QMS to talk to IIS). Whenever IIS needs to display an Access Point page with content (the document list), it will ask QVS for a list of all documents and properties.

The key to this magic is a proper configuration in QMC.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

I Presume in Node 2 (QV Publisher and Managment Console) once I apply license for QV Server and Publisher, Adding the Node 1 in QMC will enable server and publisher to talk?

1. I have created a new website in IIS prior installing QV Server

2. I have chosen the specific website to be used while installing web server in IIS (Option in drop down)

3. I have configured the service account (to include in Qlikview Administrator Group)

4. Configured IIS for Tunneling

5. When I do try to access access point, default page is not getting loaded.

Can you please assist me in resolving this issue?

Thank you,

Arun

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Publisher and Server don't talk that often to each other. It mostly comes down to an exchange during document distribution (if you configure "Distribute to Server") and at that moment the Publisher starts talking to the Server, not the other way around.

Yes you are right. As soon as you configure all services in QMC, they will be able to exchange whatever they need to exchange. QMC largely manages the configuration files for the different services. As soon as QMC knows the location of these services, it will tell for instance to the Publisher where to find the configured QlikView server.

When installing the Node 1 services for IIS, did you perform the additional installation steps documented in the QlikView Server Ref Manual?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Thank you for extending your support. I have followed the instruction from pages 27, 28, 29. Since I have chosen to install QV Publisher and Management Console in a separate node, I see that QVWServer got installed by default in Node 2.

I am thinking more on lines of how QMC will communicate with IIS...(Basically, I am not yet clear on how individual components talk (QPublisher->QVServer?). Is it by using QV Connector Service?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Peter cammaert. I figured out the service which enables the communication.