Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to compare 2 tables and put non-matching results?

Hello,

I am really new to the community and really new to 'coding' I have basic comcept of programing (pascal) and that's about it.

I find QlikView very intuitive and brilliant and want to learn more about it.

I would like to compare the 2 tables in excel spreadsheet but pull the records that does not match each according to primary key.

Header 1Header 2Header 3Header 4Header 5Header 6Header 7
table 1

table 2

NumberStringExtra 1
NumberStringExtra 2
1A12
2K6
3B3
3B3
4C55
7E76
5D323

7E76

in above table, I want to compare the table 1 and 2 by column 'Number' and pull the rows that does not match.

Can please someone help me?

Thank you!

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You read my mind! As I said before I am sorry to honest but yes you are exactly right that Qlikview isn't designed to make such comparisons. I am familiar of JAVA and SQL Server and this tool is totally new thing for me. Like JAVA or any other programming language, Qlikview cannot be bent as and how you want sadly. I am currently on the job training for Qlikview only and Qlikview 11 for Developers has really helped me know how the tool works in a very short time. I really like the associativity power of this tool to make very fast analysis unlike other tools which use a drill down approach but sadly I was accustomed to programming in Java and likewise and at times I feel weak when I cannot accomplish things in a simple way. And another thing is finding a proper solution is difficult for this tool since there are not so many people as there are on Stack Overflow which I used to solve any programming doubts. But thanks for making it clear to me. As a fresher in this tool, I want to move fast but I guess I'll have to rattle the cage of my mind to find those answers or leave those questions unanswered. Again sorry if was being harsh or rude

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

I am great admirer of your solutions in Qlikview and QlikSense.

I also have some similar requirements where I need to build a solution of data comparison from 2 different systems. Its basically a data migration from 2 systems. The data from system A getting updated in System B. The extract from System A extract will be delta on daily basis and need to be compared with System B data which need to be in Sync. There are chances that multiple fields may have wrongly updated or missed during the course of migration to system B. I need to develop an app which compare the data mismatch from Stem B wrt to system A. There may be chances that 100 records sent from Sys A and only 70 records getting updated. And next day after the data fix, there may 2nd day data plus the fixed data gets updated in System B.

Can you please suggest the best approach which can help me getting this developed in QlikSense. I believe, if its the same number of records and same records gets into both system with unique transaction id, we can compare one to one in same row. But id there is missing records or more records, I doubt over the solution.

Please help.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Well, the solution here does highlight rows missing from one or the other table, but I don't know if this sort of script and table works in QlikSense. If not, I won't be much help, as I've not played around with QlikSense.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

The best way to do this would be to load the data from both the sources in to one application (QVF/QVW) and have a field to differentiate data from both sources. In this way you will be able to leverage the power of the Qlik associative engine and also find the missing information you are looking for simultaneously.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

Hello

I need same, but using NOT two separate files, but merged in one cube using load with * :  C:\Users\...\orders_*.xlsx

so how to mark PO numbers not matching = POs added in file in 0628?

josephinetedesc
Creator III
Creator III

Thank you John Witherspoon - this is exactly what i was looking for!

This would be really good as a tutorial

Jo

swiftfahad
Contributor III
Contributor III

What if I have long table with lots of data loading from Excel file.. what would be the script than?

Drewster
Contributor
Contributor

Hi johnw,

i have found your comparing from 2 different qvd useful, however i have a use case where i have to retain the data after comparing.
https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/How-to-retain-data-from-a-previous-load-to-show-tren... 

it is pretty similar to this link above. Please do let me know if there are any work around for this use case. Thanks!