Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aggr fuction with If Conditoins

Hi,

I have the following formula, that gives me the number of KN_ID´s under the If-Conditions. I Need the "Distinct" keyword. because otherwise there would be duplictates.

Count(Distinct If(
                             (K1 > vLimit_K1    and  Date = vDate and (

K2 >  vLimit_K2    or     K3 < vLimit_K3

)

)

KN_ID,0))-1

Now I want to Sum a field (KN_IA), which is linear (every KN_ID has exactly one KN_IA) to KN_ID but just for the KN_ID´s, which I get with the IF-Expression.

I tried to do this with Set Analysis, but I am done with that. For some reasons it is not possible in my case.

Therefore I thought of doing that using Aggr-function. The Expression should look somehting like this:

Sum(Aggr(

Sum(KNE_IA),

If(   K1 > vLimit_K1    and  Date = vDate and (  K2 >  vLimit_K2    or     3 < vLimit_K3 )  ),  KN_ID)

))

To sum it up: I want to create a temporary table using aggr function. In that table should be only the KN_ID´s which meet the if-conditions and the belonging KN_IA values. And in this Table I want to sum the KN_IA.

In the Load Script it would be easy to create a new field, which just consists of the needed values for KN_ID, but I use variables and therefore that will not be possible.

I am looking forward to a response. Thank you in advance.

Best regards

thorqlik

12 Replies
sunny_talwar

Its difficult to know without testing it out. So I think testing on your end would be important. Let us know what you find

Not applicable
Author

After Testing it, I can confirm that your solution works to solve the Problem I described.

Again thanks a lot for that.

Unfortunately I just got a new requirement for which this solution will not work, because I have to sum a different Field than KN_IA, that differs in its values for KN_ID.

I have made a new post on that stating the Problem in more detail .

Not applicable
Author

But if I change the variable Values in the app after running the script, the fields, which I calculated in the script, would not Change their values depending on the actual variable value or would they ?