Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_andrews
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Any tutorials on creating custom filters?

I want to build my own extension that filters data. I.e. it has a date input of some kind the user sets, and then in turn tells the data give me stuff where col_date = myDateVar. Are there any tutorials on something similar?

3 Replies
Francis_Kabinoff
Former Employee
Former Employee

Not exactly a tutorial, but a useful resource would be other similar projects, which you could find at Qlik Branch

michael_andrews
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

So I was looking at one, a date picker specifically. But I'm not really unclear on how I tell qlick, here is the date, filter the data for me. Is there any way you could point me in the right direction?

Francis_Kabinoff
Former Employee
Former Employee

So, there's quite a few ways, actually. I can give you some quick resources on 3

Method 1

If you're making selections from your custom object, this one may be appropriate

selectValues method ‒ Qlik Sense

This one enables the selection preview, just like a standard qlik object. There's an example in the doc link above.

Method 2

This is just like method 1, but bypasses the selection preview, and sends the selection straight to the engine

selectValues method ‒ Qlik Sense

Method 3

You can also grab a reference to the current app and use the field API. 2 links below, 1 for grabbing the reference to the current app, and one to the Field API.

currApp method ‒ Qlik Sense

QField ‒ Qlik Sense