Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Add element qlik sense

Hi,

I want add in qlik sense a new object

In particular i want add this element: http://www.jbpivot.org/

Someone can i help me?

Thank you

17 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Marco,

Yes, I will spend time on integrating jbpivot into QlikSense. I realised that native complex expressions (Aggr(), FirstSortedValue() etc.) are not allowed in jbpivot. You can perform simple aggregations - Sum, Average and Count. Does this meet your requirements. Do you still want this visualisation object?

Thanks,

DV

Not applicable
Author

Hi DV,

Yes, these functions are sufficient

I believe that this object is useful for subaggregation which is not the classic totals sum in native pivot table.

Thanks

Marco B.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi DV,

Just to give you a bit of a heads-up, implementing a Pivot Table extension using a library like jbPivot brings the following two challenges:

1) The heavy lifting of calculating the sub-totals is done by the JavaScript object itself which is not as performant as the Qlik engine and might significantly impact the RAM usage of the browser for large data sets.

2)  You are strictly limited to counts and sums as the JavaScript object calculates the sub-totals using the aggregated table Qlik returns, which is not on a row level. This means non-summation aggregations, e.g. ratios, %, sum types of averages, weighted averages, medians and other complex expressions as you mentioned will not work using this approach.

The best way to develop an extension object which resembles Qlik's Pivot functionality and where all data including sub-totals is returned by the Qlik engine is to use a HyperCubeDef with qMode = P (DATA_MODE_PIVOT). However, I have not yet found a Pivot Table library which can handle this type of data and render it correctly, meaning it will probably need to be developed from scratch Or Qlik makes their basic chart objects open source and we can rip the code there

Let's catch up soon!

Martin

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Martin,

Agreed, that's exactly what I meant in my previous message to Marco. I wanted to know if Marco still wants this extension whilst considering the limitations on flexibility and performance.

Cheers,

DV

Not applicable
Author

HI Martin,

now i have tried that you said and i have seen this your thread Retrieving SubTotals from a qHyperCube in DATA_MODE_PIVOT . Are you able to do this table?

Not applicable
Author

Hi DV,

now i am trying follow the Martin indication.

i hope it

Thanks

Marco

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi, Marco - I've managed to integrate jbPivot in Sense. There is still 50% of work (automating configuration etc.).

Good news - It works with Qlik Expressions (including Set Analysis).

Bad news - Surprise! Surprise!! Performance is not great with large data sets as there's a lot of calculation overhead in JS. I haven't tested enough but whatever I tested so far tells me that large datasets and higher dimensionality the data; you will more likely have issues with jbPivot.

Either way, I'll finish the extension in few days and update you.

All the best!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi DV,

I'm curious how it works.

I believe we can use its with little data.

I wait your news.

Bye bye

Marco