Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III

Need year start

Hi All,

I am having a field called month and in that the data like Jan-15,Feb-15.....May-16.

Now first thing i needed is I need to get Jan-16..If  i select May-16 i am getting as Jan-16 by writing the following expression

YearStart(S5_Month2) and for monthend i have given like this MonthEnd(S5_Month2)..

Now i need to write an expression like sum(if(S5_Month2>='1/1/2016', if(S5_Month2<='5/1/2016',([S5_Leads])))) without hard coding..

Kindly suggest

Thanks,

Bharat

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Have you tried, what i have given for 2015? it is working for me..

and, do you still need if condition?

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

12 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Convert your S5_Month2 to a date file using Date#() function, like

LOAD

S5_Month2,

Monthstart(Date#(S5_Month2,'MMM-YY')) as S5_Month2_Date,

Then:

Sum(If( S5_Month2_Date >= Yearstart(Today()) and S5_Month2_Date <= /*how you derived '5/1/2016' */ , [S5_Leads]))

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks a lot stefan.. i have almost done but i needed slight help when i selecting the filter of May-16 by giving the following expression as :

YearStart(S5_Month2) then i am getting as Jan-16 but can you pls tell me how can i achieve Jan-15..

Because by hard coding i have written the following expression:

=(sum(if(S5_Month2>='1/1/2016', if(S5_Month2<='5/1/2016',([S5_Leads]))))-sum(if(S5_Month2>='1/1/2015', if(S5_Month2<='5/1/2015',([S5_Leads])))))/sum(if(S5_Month2>='1/1/2015', if(S5_Month2<='5/1/2015',([S5_Leads]))))

Now my requirement is if i select filter of month the values should display according the filter i selected in month.

Suppose if i select Apr in the filter then the expression should be

=(sum(if(S5_Month2>='1/1/2016', if(S5_Month2<='4/1/2016',([S5_Leads]))))-sum(if(S5_Month2>='1/1/2015', if(S5_Month2<='4/1/2015',([S5_Leads])))))/sum(if(S5_Month2>='1/1/2015', if(S5_Month2<='4/1/2015',([S5_Leads]))))

I explained you by hard coding but now i want to remove hard coding.

Kindly suggest..

Please let me know if you require anything more.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use the second argument to yearstart() function to get the previous year:

YearStart(date[, period_no[, first_month_of_year]])

=Yearstart(Today(), -1)

You may need to apply set analysis to be able to access records outside your current selections, though (depending on which field you make active selections and how this field is linked to your S5 fields):

The Magic of Set Analysis - Point In Time Reporting • Blog • AfterSync

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have attached the qvw ... pls have a look and kindly suggest.. i m bit confused.. Pls tell me how can i achieve this..

Many thanks

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I am not able to open QVWs at the moment. Maybe someone else can help you with your issue.

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No problem..But i have given the following expression as suggested by you..

=Sum(If( S5_Month2 >= Yearstart(Today()) , if(S5_Month2 <=MonthEnd(S5_Month2) , [S5_Leads])))

I am not getting the right total and i m getting just total of the selected month..not all the 5 months total..

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi Bharat,

May be like this?

sum({<S5_Month2={">=$(=Date(vMonthStart,'MMM-YY'))<=$(=Date(vMonthEnd,'MMM-YY'))"}>}[S5_Leads])

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Settu..

Thank you so much.. this is what i needed for one expression.

And for other expression i need to get Jan-15 to May-15 if i select may-16 filter.. kindly help..

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Try with AddYear(Date,-1)  or AddMonths(Date,-12)

sum({<S5_Month2={">=$(=Date(AddYears(vMonthStart,-1),'MMM-YY'))<=$(=Date(AddYears(vMonthEnd,-1),'MMM-YY'))"}>}[S5_Leads])