Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

bar chart legend interaction

Hi,

I'm new to qlik sense, can anyone help me to create a bar chat with legend interaction.

Actually I'm using 1 Dimension & 3 expressions, I need to interact bar chart through legend.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jayaseelan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Arjun,

*Using ValueList it is possible. Use one Measure and 2 dimensions.

*ValueList (value {, value })

Returns a set of listed values which, when used in a calculated dimension, will form a synthetic dimension. In charts with a synthetic dimension created with the valuelist function it is possible to reference the dimension value corresponding to a specific expression cell by restating the valuelist function with the same parameters in the chart expression. The function may of course be used anywhere in the layout, but apart from when used for synthetic dimensions it will only be meaningful inside an aggregation function.

Refer this link ValueList() Function as a Dimension

Thanks,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

Hi Balraj,

Thanks for your quick reply.

My requirement is, when user select any value in the legend, the chart has to change accordingly.

This I need to achieve using QlikSense not from Qlikview.

If you have any idea, please share with me.

dineshraj
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Arjun,

I suggest you to use alternative measure.

But its not displayed as legend. it looks like drop down

Thanks & Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Arjun,

When you have a case ,1 Dimension and more than 1 measure , So Qlik Sense take Legend as constant and Vary with measures and there will be legend of measure names. So in this care when you click on any measure legend it will not highlighted or filtered.

This is the inbuilt way of visualization of Qlik Sense.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

jayaseelan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Arjun,

*Using ValueList it is possible. Use one Measure and 2 dimensions.

*ValueList (value {, value })

Returns a set of listed values which, when used in a calculated dimension, will form a synthetic dimension. In charts with a synthetic dimension created with the valuelist function it is possible to reference the dimension value corresponding to a specific expression cell by restating the valuelist function with the same parameters in the chart expression. The function may of course be used anywhere in the layout, but apart from when used for synthetic dimensions it will only be meaningful inside an aggregation function.

Refer this link ValueList() Function as a Dimension

Thanks,