cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II

Creating a Pie Chart from Straight Table

I would like to create a Pie Chart from some data I prepared in a Straight Table.  However, I would only like to chart a portion of the data.

POs.JPG

I only want to chart the ratio between the values on the PO row.  How can I limit the data in this straight table and turn it into a Pie Chart?  I had to create a calculated Dimension for the Po vs No PO field.

=If(Len([PO]) = 0,'No PO','PO')

23 Replies
sunny_talwar

What exactly is your expression that you are trying to plot here? What is PO vs No PO field here? Is this a calculated dimension as well?

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I am trying to plot the data in the PO row.  The number of Invoices in comparison to the number of POs.  Yes, the PO vs No PO field is a calculated dimension.

sunny_talwar

I guess what is the issue you are running into here? You are using a single expression or multiple expressions? Would you be able to provide a sample

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I only want to be able to plot one set of the data.  How do I limit the data to just plot the PO data in the Pie Chart?

sunny_talwar

You can use set analysis for that, but if PO vs No PO is not a field, what is the field that can be used to determine if the row is PO data or not? Assuming PO vs No PO was a field, you could have done this...

{<[PO vs No PO] = {'PO'}>}

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

‌No, it is not a field, it is a calculated dimension.

sunny_talwar

Can you share how your raw data looks like?

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It looks just like what I posted.  FY is a field.  I do a Count DISTINCT on POs and a SUM for Invoices.  PO vs No PO is a calculated dimension that I posted earlier. 

Sometimes we have an Invoice without a PO and I am trying to show the ratio of the occurrences when we do have a PO with an Invoice.

sunny_talwar

But you have been telling me that PO vs No PO is a calculated dimension, right? How do you create it? I just don't know how you differentiate between PO and No PO