Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Enterprise setup using option to install at different S.O. drive

Why when installing Qlik Sense Enterprise pointing to G: \ Program Files \ Qlik \ Sense , yet is created the C: \ ProgramData \ Qlik ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kumar,

Thank you for guideline, I will do that.

Regards.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Is your concern, When you are installing Qlik Sense Server why it is getting install into G drive not anyone else , if yes this is your concern, So the answer is : Usually any software get installs in primary partition drive which usually is C drive but we can change this while installing the operating system. So in your case , G is the primary partition.

If your concern is why your Qlik Sense server not getting install into G drive so answer is : It will get install into C  drive is which is commonly primary partition.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kumar,

Thank you for your attention and answer, let me give more information about, the problem we are facing is that S.O. is installed at C: disk drive and QlikSense is using "C:\ProgramData" too. The C: disk drive space used is growing a lot, because of QlikSense files, so we would like to have "C:\ProgramData" files using other disk drive like G:.

Regards,

Marcos

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcos,

Finally I got your concern and here is the solution:

Please close your Qlik Sense Desktop =.  Go to documents => Qlik=> sense=> settings.ini => open this file

Add new line in end of file as:

[Settings 7]

InterfaceLanguage=English

NumberOfDocuments=0

DocumentTimeout=60

StandardReload=1

MarginTop=20

CurrentQVConnect64Loc=

CurrentQVConnect32Loc=

DocumentDirectory=C:\qv\app

C:\qv\app is your secondary drive or you can say D or E drive folder path.

Now open your Qlik Sense Desktop and create a new app you will find the newly created application in your new folder path.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kumar,

Thank you for guideline, I will do that.

Regards.