Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unknow error when starting Qlik Sense Desktop 3.02

Hi,

I am new to Qlik and wanted to see what Qlik Sense is.

I have downloaded the newest installation file and installed Qlik Sense Desktop.

When starting the program I get an error message - unknow error.

What should I do ?

I have deinstalled, remove folders, deleted entries with RegEdit and restarted.

After reinstalling, no change.

I have local admin rights. The laptop is running on windows 7 Enterprise

Not a good start, but I hope someone can help me ?

Best regards

Sven

15 Replies
Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

Did you install as a administrator?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ronnie  fir adding your inputs , yes while installing Qlik , administrator is must , no matter any other user has same rights , we must consider only administrator

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rohit,

thanks you for your help, it hasn't solved my problem but I have a better view of what may be going on, eventhough I am NOT an IT person.

- I have checked 64bit, and yes it is running on 64bit.

- I have admin rights on my computer.

- I have disinstalled the existing .NET version and reinstalled .NET version 4.5.2. as min. required

- I am connected to the internet

I tried it from the office and over VPN to our company network. Funny it works without problem over VPN but not when I am in the office.  I have given this information to our IT Dept. and hope they can tell me why? Maybe a missing port?

- When running in compability mode and as a adminstrator doesn't either in the office.

Again here it is funny, that when in compability mode and the check mark is set to run as adminstration, I get the error that .NET is not installed?  Eventhough it is installed, quite funny but i do not know realy what more to do.

So I have given the task to our IT Dept.

Again thanks for you help

Sven

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sven,

Hope you are doing well!

Thanks for following my instructions and I am sorry if still we are not on same page.

below set of points are very important while installing:

I have checked 64bit, and yes it is running on 64bit.

- I have admin rights on my computer.

- I have disinstalled the existing .NET version and reinstalled .NET version 4.5.2. as min. required

- I am connected to the internet

Now: for this point : I tried it from the office and over VPN to our company network. Funny it works without problem over VPN but not when I am in the office.  I have given this information to our IT Dept. and hope they can tell me why? Maybe a missing port?

What do you mean by It works in above statement ? what is working here , Your Qlik 3.0.2 or internet access ?

what I think now its something else and we are missing it slightly.

Best,

Rohit Kumar

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rohit,

when over VPN I dont get the "Unknown Error" when starting Qlik Sense Desktop, I am allow to see the demo apps. when from the office I get the "Unknow Error" after Qlik Sense Desktop has tried to open the hub.

Therefor I must be something in our company Internet setting, e.g. missing port or something in this direction.

Sven

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sven ,

I don't think port matter son desktop application, secondly if you think about internet is the issue , so when Qlik sense 3.0 is launched and people face the same issue for internet connectivity is mandatory for Qlik desktop then I found a solution and people found it working which is loop back adaptor , it makes a virtual network to your machine which tell your machine it is in a network . Find out how to configure it if you not find out tell.me please I will tell you step wise , it's very easy