Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Non continuous line in chart

Hi, I have some charts in Excel that I want to make them again in Qlikview.

In particular I have a line chart in Excel that has null values in it. In that case the chart shows breaks in the line. I tried to draw a line chart in Qlikview with that behaviour with no luck. I think that is not possible to do that in Qlikview. Does anyone have the same problem???

I attached an example chart from Excel that I want to reproduce. It includes all the values to draw it.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

The attached file has examples for both a single dimension and two dimensions.  They're not particularly straightforward, involving separate expressions for data points and lines, and then checking if the segment should be drawn by checking both points, and setting the color of the line to transparent if one of the points is missing.  The two dimension case is even more complicated, with an additional data table and overlaying two charts.

So... not really supported in QlikView, but with enough effort, you can fake it up to look like you want.

Discontinuous2.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can check this example if that what you want

Best Regards.

rahulgupta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hey Hi,

You can use '<s1>'  in the line style under the expression tab.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi mona_qlik! Thanks for your answer... but I can't open the file. It seems to be broken, Qlikview says it cannot load that file. Could you upload a checked version of it again??

Regards!

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

The attached file has examples for both a single dimension and two dimensions.  They're not particularly straightforward, involving separate expressions for data points and lines, and then checking if the segment should be drawn by checking both points, and setting the color of the line to transparent if one of the points is missing.  The two dimension case is even more complicated, with an additional data table and overlaying two charts.

So... not really supported in QlikView, but with enough effort, you can fake it up to look like you want.

Discontinuous2.png

Not applicable
Author

Thank you John! It worked perfectly.

It's a pity that Qlikview is not capable of doing that transparently.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge in Qlikview!!!

Regards,

Ramiro!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rahul,

I don't see this option; could you please elaborate?

Thanks,

AP

Not applicable
Author

Rahul,

That just sets the line style to continuous, dotted, dashed, etc. It does not inhibit the line from continuing when a null datapoint is encountered.

Brian

Not applicable
Author

any way for me to load .qvw to QlikSense (doesn't show that file type is supported), you have in PDF/txt version? thanks

Shivani
Contributor
Contributor

Could you please share expression used in color to make it transparent for Qlik sense