Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miredoju
Creator
Creator

Condition to check recipient email

Hi,

for testings we load a dummy email into all recipients - for production send out we load the real user email.

Sometimes Task to Import test emails runs into Connection Errors or something else - so email will not be updated with test-mail.

Question:

I would like to check before send out if there is a Special test-mail for each recipient maintained - how can I do that ?

I tried to use Report condition - but I didn´t find any field relation to recipients...only variable or Chart.......

Thanks

Michael

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Michael,

As you noticed, Nprinting will not stop the rest tasks in a schedule if one fails.

As the process  A, B and C is not your real use case. And your purpose for the process A and B is to check the update of the setting (filters, tag) in recipients. So a work around is to create a test schedules with test task A and B. And then manually run the real process A and B. In the test process A and B, use test recipient names and testing@mail.com.

And for the failure of process A, import the recipient. Seems it successfully run sometime, right? But in your setting, it fail the other times. Do you already figure out the reason?

I recently have a requirement to get the recipients from a "import recipient task" from a .qvw file as well, and it never success when it runs FIRST or independently  in a schedule. And I get no error when run it manually.  Do you have some special setting when create this recipient import task? I follow the method here to set the import recipient task,  except that I use Group to group the recipients. 

Zhihong

miredoju
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Zhihong,

thats exactly what I do - I load with a testtask all recipients with testing mail address - check logfile - edit each recipients with error "field x not found" - load real mail address and send out manually.

We have created a ticket at qliktech Support - I hope they find my error.....

For nprinting it´s not an error only a message that "field xxx not exists".

I do it in the same way as shown in your link ( I load also PrivateFilter otherwise I have 500 filters in filter list ;-( )

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

Good that you figured out the way to test.

For import error problem I have, I later changed the "Import rule" from "All Recipients" to "Only New Recipients" in the import recipient task, and test run, then change it back, test run manually.  Then run at first in the schedule. And it succeeded. Now the schedule run without error for last few days. That is really strange performance, but now it works.

miredoju
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Zhihong,

thanks for this hind - it works for me too.

I do it the same way as you mentioned - tomorrow I will see if it works in batch too....

Michael