Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show all rows in a table box regardless of selections

Hi

I want to be able to make a single record selection in a tablebox - and have the results of the selection appear in a text box...without the table box also filtering down. That is, I want to be able to always show all records in the table box regardless of the selection made.

Table Box 1.JPG

I need to do this, as the Table box has input fields, and users need to be able to copy data down to other rows as required. If the selection box always filters on a selection, then they cannot copy data down easily.

Table Box 2.JPG

Any ideas?

14 Replies
sunny_talwar

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

If you don't want to apply any selection, detach the table!

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Tablebox object will not allow that. Instead use a straight table chart. Add an expression that shows your desired values, preferrably this is done by using a set expression. If you do not want the expression visible, simply hide it from Chart Properties > Presentation

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I do not think the selection in a detached table will reflect in an other object, so how do you imagine that will resolve the requirement?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

See attached - hope it helps.

Basically do as Toni says and use a straight table and have at least one field as an expression, using set analysis to ignore all selections. In my example, Field1, Field2 and Field3 are all dimensions. Field4 is in the expression Only({1} Field4). This will still allow selections to be made in the table, but the table won't reflect this.

Jason

Not applicable
Author

The challenge is that the only entries available for inputfields in straight tables are numeric. I need to enter text.

Not applicable
Author

The other alternative is whether I can show images in a table box...

Not applicable
Author

I have been able to show the images in the table box by doing the following:

Select image field in the Presentation Tab...

TableBoxImageSelection.JPG

...and click on the "Advanced" button

TableBoxAdvancedPresentation.JPG

Then change the Representation from "Text" to "Info as Image".

Voila, we now have input fields and images in a table box.

PS: to display the images correctly, the Wrap Text - Cell Height will need to be adjusted e.g. to 8 lines as per above.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

What is the reason you want to alter text through an input field?

The intended use case of inputfields is to alter numbers to allow "What-If" analysis. Altering text does not really add value to that, as far as I know.