- structure

I created six filter panes that are:

- year

- month

- area

- zone

- customer

- structure

Now I would like to create a bar chart which dimension dipend on the selected filter panel.

In other words this bar chart should show the revenue per area if I select the month or the year, the revenue per zone if I select the area, the revenue per customer if I select the zone, the revenue per structure if I select the customer and finally the revenue per month if I select the structure.

Is it possible to create a similar bar chart with qlik sense? How can I do that?

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michele,

Hope you are doing well!

There are two ways to do it,

First create a new dimension and there is an option Drill, and select

year

- month

- area

- zone

- customer

- structure

then use this drill dimension in bar chart as an dimension.

Second way: I am attaching an variable extension , Use it , you can select these fields

year

- month

- area

- zone

- customer

- structure

as buttons so when you select year button Bar chart will show data on year and same for others.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Not applicable
Author

I followed the first solution, but after that I created the new drill dimension when I select the area I see the bar chart showing the revenues per year but I would like to see the revenues per zone. It works correctly only if I select also the month and the year, in the last case indeed I see the zone per year.

For example is it possible to visualize in the bar chart the revenues per zone selecting only the area in the filter pane?

And I have another doubt: if the graph shows me the revenues per zone, is it possible that che bar chart change dinamically the title in "revenues per zone", "revenues per month" and so on based on the current selected dimension?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michele,

Please use the attached variable extension, this is the best possible solution for your Case.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rohit!

I don't know how the variable extension works. Have you a link or a video for the instructions?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michele,

Go to branch.qlik.com search for variable extension and you will find instructions how to use it ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michele,

I am attaching a sample application of Variable extension Please replicate it with your parameters. It will work for you.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.