Trigger without Qmc

Hi all,

Toni Kautto

arul settu

Rohit Kumar

Miguel Braga

Michael Tarallo

I have one issue on Qliksense Server.

Issue:  I have small Qvf file  with 10 records.  and i have added  in Qmc for Trigger by hourly basis.

Now my user needs without going to  Qmc  user wants to refresh data by External event.

how it is possible can anyone explain?

Thanks

Chanty

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eightieschild
Creator
Creator

Hi Chanty

Try this extension from the Qlik Branch site, which we've used to enable users to reload a published app manually:

http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/56728f52d1e497241ae69836

It provides a button that you can add to your apps that reloads the data from one of the sheets, without the need to enter the Data Manager or access Tasks.

HTH

Chris

View solution in original post

12 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Developer help introduces you to any customization and extension of the product.

Home ‒ Qlik Sense Developer

External execution of reload requires that you call the Qlik Sense Engine API. Perhaps take a look at Reload an app ‒ Qlik Sense‌ for an introduction how this would be done.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Thanx tony.

But wihout API"s Is it possible?

For  example  :  i have Html file  with  one button   so that wen user cliks on button the Qmc data should be relod and get new data.

Could you please suggest on this?

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense is basically based on APIs. The QMC and Hub also run on the same APIs as you can find in the Developer Help.

For the trigger to work form a HTML page, you have to apply API calls through your button press. Just in the same way as reload button in QMC or Hub trigger the Engine API to reload the app.

eightieschild
Creator
Creator

Hi Chanty

Try this extension from the Qlik Branch site, which we've used to enable users to reload a published app manually:

http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/56728f52d1e497241ae69836

It provides a button that you can add to your apps that reloads the data from one of the sheets, without the need to enter the Data Manager or access Tasks.

HTH

Chris

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

thanq chris happy to hear some better output from you.

but this can check by me Tomorrow only. if i get any issues while doing this i will come back to you.

Best

Chanty

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Michael Tarallo

Any suggestion from you?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Chanty - what Chris and Toni have both mentioned is the same path I would take as well. The pre-built extension that Chris mentions will allow a business user to "manually" reload the app from within Analysis mode ( in other words, no need for a task to load it or developer to click reload in the data manager) - BUT I am not sure that is what you want as you mentioned a trigger? Do you need to ONLY perform the reload AFTER something happens such as an event, a new file is received etc? If so - you would still need some process to handle that.

If you want to see the reload button in action here is a quick example where I used it.

You can see an example here:

Qlik Sense in 60 - Art of the possible - YouTube

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi eightieschild

It is working very much fine in Qliksense Desktop.

As not working on  Qliksense server3.0.2  the error is showing as

"  The visualisation failed to render.  "  and Cannot Create the connection "how to get the same on server ?  is there any workaround please share it ?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Thanks mto . as it working fine enough . but in server it not working.

yes what you mentioned is exactly correct.   i need the data should be reloaed and that updated  data should be appeared in  QMC.