cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Assigning a sheet that customers always get displayed when they open the.qvw

I'm not sure I've described this adequately in the title so to add some more context..........I have a home page (sheet) that end users should also see first when opening the qlikview document on the server. What seems to happen is that if the document is closed, the user, when next logging in is returned to the sheet they were on when they exited.

What steps should be taken to always direct users to the homepage when they next open the document? Is this something as a simple as setting?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be use an OnOpen Trigger to activate the sheet you want them to open every time the application is opened

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be use an OnOpen Trigger to activate the sheet you want them to open every time the application is opened

Capture.PNG

kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny I'll give that a go and let you know how I get on.

Regards

Kevin

kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

That doesn't seem to want to work Sunny although logically I would have expected it to.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

What is not working ? Did you give the correct sheet ID ?

kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I have that working in one document but not another so it maybe something to do with the 1st .qvw I used - do you know on any reason why that would be the case?

Thanks

kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

No the sheet reference is correct - I've used 2 other documents and it works perfectly but the 1st one I tried (built by a colleague) doesn't work.  -  I'm comfortable that the instructions given by Sunny should work so I'll leave it that.

thanks

sunny_talwar

Is it still not working?

kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

It's working OK on 2 of the 3 documents Sunny so thanks for your help.

sunny_talwar

Strange, would you be able to share a sample of where it isn't working? Or are you good?