Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Input box in load editor

Hi,

I would like to know is there input box in qlik sense load editor?

Thanks

5 Replies
gdebeer
Contributor II
Contributor II

No sure what you mean, can you perhaps describe what it is you want to do?

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I would like to create a input box to prompt user to key-in which month of data is uploading now, so that the information would be store in every row of the data.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Lingling,

What you saying, If I am right, you need a box where you can enter your custom value and load the data according to your need ,lets say I added 10, so load script editor load only 10 days of data into the application if this is the answer then I donot think this is possible.

Secondly, What you can do, you can , there is extension Variable where you can filter the sheet by your custom value as you added 10 only 10th day data will fill appear only on the sheet.

If i didn't get your concern exactly please explain in more detail so I can help you.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for reply, you did not get my point correctly.

For example, I have the following data in excel for Jun 2016,

Sales PersonAmount
A100
B120
C130
D140
E110

After I press the load data button, i would like to have a input box that will ask user which month of the sales data is uploading.

After the user enter "Jun 2016", then it will load data as:

Sales PersonAmountMonth
A100Jun 2016
B120Jun 2016
C130Jun 2016
D140Jun 2016
E110Jun 2016
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lingling,

There is two ways here, First, You can filter data on any specific value like June 2016 second way is , you can ingest whole data and then filter the data on the sheet like with the help of variable extension where you will enter 6 and June data will be appear on the sheet but you click on load and it will ask which month data you need to load is not possible with Sense.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.