cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warrentk80
Creator
Creator

Variable in Setanalysis.

Hello everyone, I need to use a variable in setanalysis.

the variable is called var_seriemax and must be set in series

I tried this string but the syntax is incorrect
= Sum ({$ <[number] = {} v_seriemax, AnnoSerie = {'2016'}>} [Budget €] / 1000000)

You would know someone show me how to do?

Thanks for collaboration

Andrew

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure what you mean with 'must be set in series', try a dollar sign expansion in a set modifier like

= Sum ({$ <[number] = {'$(v_seriemax)'}, AnnoSerie = {'2016'}>} [Budget €] / 1000000)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

May be as below:

= Sum ({$ <[number] = {'$(v_seriemax)'}, AnnoSerie = {'2016'}>} [Budget €] / 1000000)

Note: Assuming your variable name is v_seriemax.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure what you mean with 'must be set in series', try a dollar sign expansion in a set modifier like

Anonymous
Not applicable

= (Sum ({$ <[number] = {‘$(v_seriemax)’}, AnnoSerie = {'2016'}>} [Budget €]) / 1000000)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps This, you made one mistake

Your variable is seems var_seriemax instead of v_seriemax

Can you please elaborate more what are you tried for variable of var_seriemax

= Sum ({$ <[number] = {'$(var_seriemax)'}, AnnoSerie = {'2016'}>} [Budget €] / 1000000)

OR

= Sum ({$ <[number] = {'=$(var_seriemax)'}, AnnoSerie = {'2016'}>} [Budget €] / 1000000)

OR

= Sum ({$ <[number] = {'$(=var_seriemax)'}, AnnoSerie = {'2016'}>} [Budget €] / 1000000)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
akshayjain90
Contributor II
Contributor II

Use his -

= (Sum ({$ <[number] = {$(=$(v_seriemax))}, AnnoSerie = {'2016'}>} [Budget €]) / 1000000)

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Please keep in mind that the dollar expansion is done prior to the chart being calculated, so the expression can not dynamically change for row to to row in the chart results.

Set expression and dollar expansion