Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to connect two independent Qlik Server nodes?

I have  two independent Qlik server installations, one is used as DEV and the other as QA/PROD.

Whenever an App needs to be moved from DEV to QA/PROD, it is exported from DEV (which means that the App is stored on my local machine), and then imported to QA/PROD server (which means that the App is piked up from local machine).

Is there any way in which the two Qlik servers may be connected so that we can get rid of having to save the App on the local machine at the same time the DEV and QA/PROD environments can be separate? 

5 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I have the same setup.  Even worse my 2 servers on hosted by 2 different companies with 2 different VPNs that can't both be active at the same time.  So a real pain.

If there is an easier way I would love to know it.

But I really think that you would not want Dev and Prod servers to be connected.  You would and could certainly have multiple Prod server connected to share loads etc. 

Anxiously waiting to see if any has an answer.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi,

You can setup multi node qliksense server installation for this.

Regards,

Shraddha.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

There is a concept Master and Slave sever in Qlik Sense Server. where you can make one Node as central or Master and another a Rim and for your case development and you can schedule as published app come son Master one or vice versa.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...

Please go though  the link , try at your side and please let me know if your face any issue.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Not applicable
Author

The concept of Master/Slave nodes will be good for one environment (DEV or QA or PROD) --

How can we go about making Master/Slave configuration for 2 independent servers which host two different environments (DEV on one and QA/PROD on the other)?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashutosh,

If these two server has different environments then you may make their address publicly accessible ,it's not a big deal for could server like if you want to access server from could so what you need to so you make host address public so same do it here and link master and slave.

Technically, What you need to do, let say you have first server Sever1 as your local network where your Qlik Server is installed or server on your firm environment and second server Server2 which you want to make RIM or Slave, Then Map your Server2  to a public IP what it means it is accessible from outside from the network or accessible  not only its native environment, then Go to QMC of your Qlik Server QMC => Nodes=> create new => Add the Server 2 public Host IP and connect it with Qlik Engine service and one by default service.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar