Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section access for a whole table in data load editor

Hi All,

I am using Qlik Sense. Our sheets has more than one dealer in it and share the same visuals so I have been trying to limit certain dealer to see his portion only of the visuals by using section access but that limits fields and I want to limit whole tables. I have tried the reduction and omit didn't work.

I don't want the limitations to be done in QMC I want it done in data load editor inside the app. Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

5 Replies
ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

We use Section Acces on de customerID. And does exactly what we want it to do:

section access;

LOAD * inline [

ACCESS, USERID, REDUCTION

ADMIN, <Servername>\ADMIN,*

USER, <Servername>\DEMO,123456

ADMIN, INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER,*

];

section application;

Servername as in the adress where you open the hub/qmc.

This code is in the first section after the parameters. After this my application load start.

What code dit you try?

I don't know how the Omit works, but maybe you can just make a selection on dealerID, so he can only see his own data?

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

it isn't possible to hide charts or tables.

But you can hide sheets by securtiy role

Find an example here

Concrete answer on creating security rule at stream sheet level

although you don't want, QMC is the only possibility

jayaseelan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

It is possible in qlik view not in qlik sense.

Please refer the following documents will give you some ideas.

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for replying I tried a way that somehow gave an acceptable level which I used the following

Section Access;

[ACCESS,USERID,SERIALNUMBER

User,Xy\noha,4563

];

Section Application;

File name

and the serial number was the serial number of each company in this sheet so only the user with the USERID stated will see information linked to the that serial number and the result is acceptable.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for replying I tried a way that somehow gave an acceptable level which I used the following

Section Access;

[ACCESS,USERID,SERIALNUMBER

User,Xy\noha,4563

];

Section Application;

File name

and the serial number was the serial number of each company in this sheet so only the user with the USERID stated will see information linked to the that serial number of the dealer and the result is acceptable.