Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtering of data.

I have the code as given below,The code is working fine ,however I don't want other call detail skill name apart from the one mentioned in the condition.I am getting Inbound for all the values given below,but i am also getting other value which I have not mentioned as Inbound.How can I get rid of them and just display the values which I have here.

If("Call Detail SkillName" = 'Trial Portal Level 1' or "Call Detail SkillName" = 'Knox Portal Level 1' or "Call Detail SkillName" = 'Signature Portal Level 1'or "Call Detail SkillName" = 'Premier Portal Level 1' or "Call Detail SkillName" =

'Other Portal Level 1','Inbound',"Call Detail SkillName")))

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand your issue correctly, but maybe it's enough to remove the else branch from the if() function, so that the field value is not returned by default if there is no match:

If("Call Detail SkillName" = 'Trial Portal Level 1' or "Call Detail SkillName" = 'Knox Portal Level 1' or "Call Detail SkillName" = 'Signature Portal Level 1'or "Call Detail SkillName" = 'Premier Portal Level 1' or "Call Detail SkillName" =

'Other Portal Level 1','Inbound')

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

As far as I see, the expression should only return Inbound for the listed skill names.

(You could use Match() function instead of your OR'ed comparisons or an Mapping table approach instead, but that's not your issue).

Could you post some more details about the context you are using this expression in?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

The Call Detail SkillName has other fields apart from one's mentioned above.I want to get rid of the other fields and only have inbound for Call details SkillName.

1.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand your issue correctly, but maybe it's enough to remove the else branch from the if() function, so that the field value is not returned by default if there is no match:

'Other Portal Level 1','Inbound')

Not applicable
Author

You are correct ,I don't want field values returned when there is no match.Thanks