Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show all rows in a table box regardless of selections

Hi

I want to be able to make a single record selection in a tablebox - and have the results of the selection appear in a text box...without the table box also filtering down. That is, I want to be able to always show all records in the table box regardless of the selection made.

Table Box 1.JPG

I need to do this, as the Table box has input fields, and users need to be able to copy data down to other rows as required. If the selection box always filters on a selection, then they cannot copy data down easily.

Table Box 2.JPG

Any ideas?

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

We are pushing the boundaries of using QV as a data entry tool... if you check out my comment above, it seems that a Table Box can display images...

Not applicable
Author

Jason,

This is a neat trick. I believe I understand the Only function, returning the single value or null. So, how does that stop the table from reflecting the selections?

- Stan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stan

If I may interrupt, it is the use of the set identifier '1' e.g. Only({1} Field4), that prevents the table from filtering.

See Set analysis and set expressions ‒ QlikView

Richard

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

‌Only() basical returns a value when the is only one possible value. See more here:

The Only Function

What Only() allows is to use other aggregation functionality like set analysis. The {1} in the expression I have used is set analysis syntax to ignore all selections, so Only({1} Field4) shows the Field4 value that links to the other dimension values in the chart, ignoring all selections, but only if there is only one possible value. Ignoring all selections means all values will always show in the chart, even once selections are made.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

looking at the discussion title I think the requirement was that field selections should not affect the table box and not the other way round!

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.