Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connecting multiple data sources

HI,

I have been using Qlikview desktop and would like some inputs on linking multiple data sources in a simple way.

If there are multiple data sources (SAP, Oracle, Access, Excel) in various locations, can I link these to Qlikview desktop at one location and load and analyse the data?

Thanks!

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can read all databases......and create your model with all data from any source!!!!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. Could you please explain how do I do this? Do I need to edit the script?

Not applicable
Author

Yes We Can...I think u have to edit the script.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Koushik,

Can you pls be more precise? How do I connect multiple databases from remote locations single time? How is it possible if I edit script?

Not applicable
Author

Laxmi,

By using ODBC or OLEDB you can have read access for all the ERP or Transaction Data or Database .

But at one time you have to call only 1 Database then pass another connection string to fetech another database and so on.

In you script suppose in first attemp you connect to SQL server using ODBC and ur script will fetch data from SQL then you will paste another connection string for another database that may be oracle and so on.

Finaly you can concatenate or marge your result or QVD to use in your application.

Please find out the code given below fetching data from two different server.

1ST SERVER CONNECTION:ORACLE

ODBC

CONNECT TO [ORACLE-old-2008-09] (XUserId is

bPPeSJFIbH);

State_Type:

Load

DISTINCT

*;

SQL

SELECT *

FROM AHISAPOLLO.dbo.state;

store

State_Type into [..\DataSources\QVDOLD\State.QVD](qvd

);

DROP

TABLE

State_Type;

Load

DISTINCT

*;

SQL

SELECT *

FROM AHISAPOLLO.dbo.country

where Deleted='0';

store

Country into [..\DataSources\QVDOLD\Country.QVD](qvd

);

DROP

TABLE

Country;

2ND SERVER CONNECTION:SQL

ODBC

CONNECT TO SqlQlikview (XUserId is

RGbZSZFMdF);

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

You can connect to various datasources from QlikView. Exactly how you do it depends on the source, e.g. if it is Excel, Access, MSSQL or SAP.

If you are having problems with a specific scenario, please be a bit more detailed about your problem so that someone can assist you.

If this is more a general question on how QlikView works, maybe some of QlikView's training sessions could be helpful;
http://dev.qlik.com/us/services/training/free-training.aspx

suniljain
Master
Master

yes you can used data from different different sources in to qlikview. There is no such restriction on that.

but you have to manage it efficiently.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Full discloure:  I am the CEO of DataRoket and we are doing a pilot right now to feed Qlikview.  Our platform outputs xml or to any target DB.

We, for instance, are pulling information fromOracle 11G, SAP and a Business Objects Universe and feeding a target location (MS SQL Server).  You do NOT need a staging database though since DR is also its own partitioned and high performance data repository that could feed Qlikview that way as well.  We would be very interested in a pilot to show this.

Best regards,

James Fox

CEO

DataRoket

jfox@dataroket.com