Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stellan_Ronnkvist
Partner - Contributor III

Configuration of the Governance Dashboard 2.0.1

I need help with configuration of the Governance Dashboard 2.0.1 (GD)

Reference webpage: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/governance-dashboard/2.0/Content/Getting-Started-with-the-Governance-Das...

6.Enter the Profile Directory path for the location where the output QVDs are to be stored.
If you leave Profile Directory blank, the QVDs are stored in the same folder as the Governance Dashboard.qvw.
Q: These QVD files are generated by GD, correct?

7.Enter the QVW and QVD files to scan in the List of File Paths to Scan field.
Separate multiple file paths with vertical pipes (|).
Q: If I have multiple paths can I write the path for the top folder and GD will search each subfolder for QVW and QVD files or do I need to write each single path?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

6.Enter the Profile Directory path for the location where the output QVDs are to be stored.
If you leave Profile Directory blank, the QVDs are stored in the same folder as the Governance Dashboard.qvw.

Yes, the Governance Dashboard generates about 10 QVDs (depending on what you scan) that are used for incremental loading so that the second and third and later reloads do not have to process all the files that were processed the first time.

Q: If I have multiple paths can I write the path for the top folder and GD will search each subfolder for QVW and QVD files or do I need to write each single path?

Yes, Governance Dashboard will scan all subfolders within the specified folder.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Yes, the Governance Dashboard generates about 10 QVDs (depending on what you scan) that are used for incremental loading so that the second and third and later reloads do not have to process all the files that were processed the first time.

Yes, Governance Dashboard will scan all subfolders within the specified folder.

Stellan_Ronnkvist
Author

Thanks Tyler, most helpful.

vindhya_giri
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Stellan,

Were you able to configure the Governance Dashboard 2.0.1 successfully? I am trying to do the same and having troubles.

1. Downloaded GD 2.0.2 and placed it in one of my working folders.

2. In cofiguration: I put all the paths needed and reloaded, it took more than 8 hrs and I dint see anything different in the qvw from the one downloaded.

Note: I did not turn on the 'User configuration script' and 'Append Custom Post script' as I was not sure on what exactly they are.

Please advise

Thanks

Regards

Vindhya

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

vindhya.giri‌ You should not need to check (on) the User Configuration Script or the Append Custom Post Script.

8 hours is a long time.

Are you running this 'local' to where the log files and qvws are?

Or, do you have the Governance Dashboard reloading on a server in one place (say Boston) and the datacenter with all the files is in another location (say Sweden)?

Try getting the two closer together - like reloading on a VM in the same proximity as the files you are going to scan.

Also, if you are reloading on your laptop or desktop, you are limited by the performance of your machine.

Does this help at all?

vindhya_giri
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Tyler,

Governance Dashboard 1.1.1 is the existing version which we are using already. Since Governance Dashboard 2.0.1 is independent of previous version and can be used simultaneously with it, I have downloaded 2.0.1 and trying to configure it.

Thus, I copied the 'Profile Directory' and  'List of File paths to scan' from the existing Governance Dashboard 1.1.1 and used it in 2.0.1 and reloaded. I guess it took more than 8 hours as I logged off from the server as it was still configuring and when I came  next morning and saw, it was not configured.

I am running this  local where the log files and qvw's are.

Yes, the information you provided is helpful. Thanks!

Please advise

Thanks

Regards

Vindhya

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Okay. No need to copy any GovDB 1.x files. The GovDB 2.x does not (cannot) use the older version's data (QVDs generated in the Profile directory).

vindhya_giri
Creator II
Creator II

Ok. I have not mentioned anything in the profile directory so that it will save the files to the folder where the GD2.0.1 is located. I have just mentioned the List of file paths to scan and files to be excluded. Just started the reload. Will keep you posted on how it goes. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Vindhya

vindhya_giri
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Tyler,

I started a reload this morning and it is still under execution since more than 3 hrs...below is the screen shot.

GD.png

Attached is the log file.

Please advise.

Thanks

Regards

Vindhya

Not applicable

I am new to Qlik and am trying to get the GD configured and stood up. I am doing this on a server and will use QMC to schedule the refresh. I downloaded the qlik file and opened it in Qlik Desktop and tried running the reload.  I got an error that there was an issue in the hidden script and had to unhide the tabs.  I did that and reran the load all and got the following error, has anyone encountered this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

screenshot.jpg