Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qliksense - Not able to create an app on the RIM node due to custom sync rules

Hi All,

I had a question on the sync rules. I am pretty new to QlikSense and any help will be highly appreciated.

I am facing an issue of not being able to create app on the RIM nodes when i disable the default sync rule to all non-central nodes and enable my custom sync rules.

To give a background in our setup we have a total of 3 servers/nodes. 1st is the Central node and the other 2 are the slave nodes but with all the services installed. We have selected option of "Both"(Production and Development) when adding the 2 nodes to the central node.This is because we would like to give one node to one dept say Finance and then let them do development and hosting on their node. We have also created 2 streams (Finance and HR) so we have one node and one stream for Finance and one node and one stream for HR.

The restriction of the Apps to a stream we have done using Sync rules. We have created a custom sync rule stating that if the node is Finance node and the Stream selected is Finance then only sync finance apps to Finance node.

Similarly we have created another sync rule stating that if the node name is HR node and Stream selected is HR then sync only HR apps to the HR node.

We have also disabled the default sync rule of sync all apps to the non-central nodes.

This has however caused an issue where we are not able to create an app on the Finance and HR node anymore. If i disable my custom rules and enable the default rule then i am able to create apps on both Finance and HR nodes.

Anybody had faced this issue before?

Thanks a lot for your replies!

Regards

Prakhar

2 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I don't think this is related to the syncing rules - if you are not able to create an app this should be due to a security settings?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply.

In my current setup i have created a custom property with usertype as either Developer, SuperUser or EndUser. If the user has type of Developer then he/she will be able to create an app.

The above issue is arising even for a developer.

Whenever I allow the sync to all the non central nodes then a developer can create an app in any of the node and view it any node however if i am using my custom sync rules which restrict sync of an app to a particular node based on the stream its published in then the developer can only create an app on the central node and view it there.

I think the issue is arising because  QS is not able to figure it out to which stream the app on MyWork needs to be synced to and syncs it to the central node only.

I am not how to fix this.

Regards

Prakhar