Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hlines_usacs
Creator II
Creator II

Using Special Characters in Label of Pivot Table Measure

Hello,

I would like to add special characters to the Label of a Pivot Table measure.

My expression is Sum(Payments). I would like the label of that to be "  Payments" which is the word Payments with two spaces before the P. This would be chr(32)+chr(32)+"Payments". When I enter this into the Label text box, it just shows at "chr(32)+chr(32)+Payments".

I have also tried having an equal sign before but it just shows at literal text.

Is there a way to accomplish this, or does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Hannah,

First thing , In Qlik Sense Label Name is not dynamic or function basis. Secondly , I have tried on my side , It can take one single space as " Payment" but not more than 1. The statement you have written above chr(32)+chr(32)+"Payments" , works in Qlik View but these things doesn't work in Sense . the point here is full replica Qlik View to Qlik Sense is not possible because Qlik Sense a new generation visualization and it has its own way of visualization.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar

View solution in original post

11 Replies
gdebeer
Contributor II
Contributor II

You cannot use expressions in labels, but I am wondering why you don't just add the two spaces in front of the P in the label directly? If you do need to use an expression, then check out branch for an extension.

Not applicable

Hi Hannah,

First thing , In Qlik Sense Label Name is not dynamic or function basis. Secondly , I have tried on my side , It can take one single space as " Payment" but not more than 1. The statement you have written above chr(32)+chr(32)+"Payments" , works in Qlik View but these things doesn't work in Sense . the point here is full replica Qlik View to Qlik Sense is not possible because Qlik Sense a new generation visualization and it has its own way of visualization.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar

marcus_sommer

You could try it with another white-space character like chr(160) which you could create in a table or textbox which you could then export or you used a different tool like excel or an editor to create them - and then copying these charcters together with "Payments" into the label.

To get an overview about white-space take a look here: Whitespace character - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

- Marcus

Not applicable

Hi Gerhard,

2 space before P is not working , Can you please confirm me ?

hlines_usacs
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Qlik Sense automatically removes the extra spaces. I also searched for an extension and found one that could have been useful, but the website to download it was expired.

gdebeer
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Rohit

Yes, you are correct, 2 spaces does not work.

Not applicable

Hi Gerhard,

Thanks for validating my comments. Can you please mark it helpful so anyone will know which is the right solution.

marcus_sommer

Had you tried my suggestion with using another white-space character as chr(32)?

- Marcus

Not applicable

Hi Marcus,

The concern is about Qlik Sense , I donot know chr(32) works with it.