Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkorynta
Contributor III
Contributor III

Create a pivot/summary table in script?

Hello,

Here's the table I created in excel that I am trying to replicate the format in qlikview:

Here's what I have in Qlikview so far:

As you can see, I'm able to use objects as a means of getting those values. My dilemma is, I need to use these frequency values to run other sets of analysis (such as creating a scatter plot charts displaying leads created vs 0 to 30 days). Is there a way to replicate this effect in the script? Perhaps the other approach would be to reference to the column in the object?

Thanks

5 Replies
kkorynta
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm sorry, it looks like those pictures did not load properly. Here they are:

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

It looks like you just want to put the "Leads Created" into the main chart? I think you could do it with a calculated dimension like this:

aggr(count(Lead),CreatedDate)

Or whatever your actual field names are. I wouldn't do that counting in the script - too inflexible, not responsive to selections, and so on.

kkorynta
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Alright, that's a great start.

The onto the next part of the question - how do I go about referencing the values (summations/counts) to create a graph based off of those values?

For example, I'd like to be able to create a scatter plot chart displaying leads (on y axis) and and the age bucket (0 to 30 days) on the x-axis. So the plot points should be

(16,30), (79,68), (70,78), (63,75)... and so forth.

kkorynta
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Afternoon folks, anyone have any suggestions?

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm not thinking of a good way. Maybe if you could post a sample data set with an inline load? Then I'd have something to play with. As is, I'm just not sure what your data model looks like, and I'm not going to want to type in all that data by hand anyway.